Dr. B's Blog
DR. B’s BLOG
It seems like yesterday that we just started our school year - as they say ..."time flies when you are experiencing excellence!"
· Advanced Math Instruction for Middle School;
· Specialized group and individualized student counseling programs;
· Structured Sports and Physical Education Program;
· Field trips to Museums, Nature and Science Centers and other places of interest which beautifully compliment classroom learning;
· Differentiated Instruction Coaching for school faculty;
· Established a Department of Student Exceptionalities which leverage and provide services to our diverse students;
· Language Arts Program focused intensively on reading and writing literacy;
· Digital Citizenship Initiative which informs students, teachers and parents regarding best practices in social media use;
· Teacher assessment program which assesses teacher performance and classroom effectiveness;
· "MAP" Testing Protocol which measures academic growth and performance three times a year in Math and Language Arts;
· Teacher Professional Growth and Development Plan for 2018-19 implementation;
· Student discipline protocol which holds students and parents more accountable for student behavior;
· Specialized training for Computer coding and gaming;
· Science Exploration Projects in Elementary School;
· Creative Writing Lab for Middle School which produced our beautiful Literary Magazine; and
· Developed new Homework Policy Guidelines, based upon comprehensive research, analysis and deliberation.
These school initiatives represent but a small array of exciting initiatives at HACS. They are the direct result of a phenomenal faculty; highly skilled in their academic disciplines, passionately committed to cognitive, emotional and social development, our administration’s leadership who continuously promote and encourage educational excellence; and most important, the school-parent partnership - an essential ingredient for effective 21st century day school education.
Last week's horrific shootings at the Stoneman Douglas High School, (only a few short miles from HACS) has shaken the very core of our community's foundation; and, has now become what the media is unfortunately and sadly labeling as "society's new normal".